Job Description is below but the most imporant requirements for the job are:
- BA degree with proven level of business understanding in other companies
- 5+ years experience bridging the gap between IT and business
- Proven success in translating business and process requirements into IT specifications
- Proven success in writing clear requirements documents with examples to show
- Self starter – once given a project will run alone with the project after planning out an approach
- Outgoing personality and likes to be part of a team
- Proven ability to negotiate requirements when issues exist by understanding both sides and offering up options as solutions
|Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:|
|The Senior Business Analyst supports all design and maintenance of the business applications.|
|Elicit requirements using various existing sources/techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits, business process flows, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.|
|Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.|
|Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed:
|Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.|
|Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.|
|Acts as the project manager of all operational maintenance work and adherence to committed project schedules.|
|Ensures that the work of the I.T. Application Team is focused solely on the priorities of the business unit it supports|
|Understands that priority application outages take precedence over all other Business As Usual or project work.|
|The Sr Business Analyst works very closely and formally with the applications development and applications maintenance teams.|
|The Sr Business Analyst works with the business to develop all scope of new work. That scope includes not only functionality to be included in the application but also resourcing and timing of implementation.|
|Participates with the Application Developers to ensure priorities are kept in order and effectively communicated throughout their team and the business community.|
|Interacts professionally with all, including co-workers and other healthcare providers.|
|Fosters communication among healthcare team on the behalf of the patient.|
|Communicates ideas for improvement to the supervisor.|
|Escalates abnormal situations to supervisor, making recommendations for resolution.|
|Organizes and manages activities to show consideration of the department as a whole.|
|Assists in recording information for performance improvement activities.|
|Demonstrates high level customer service skills, both internally and externally.|
|Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and must be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.|
|Accepts additional assignments willingly.|
|Supports the Mission and the Core Values of the organization|
|Performs other duties as assigned.|
|Completes all compliance related training and demonstrates compliance on the job.|
|Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.|
|Completes annual education requirements.|
|Maintains confidentiality of employee, company and/or patient information at all times.|
|Reports to work on time and from breaks as scheduled, completes work within designated time.|
|Follows all company policies related to time records and time off policies.|
|Completes in-services in a timely fashion.|
|Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.|
|Attends staff meetings as scheduled and reads all staff meeting minutes and other written documents as requested.|
|Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.|
|Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.|
|Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.|
|Communicates and demonstrates the mission, ethics and goals of the Company, as well as the department.|
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- 5+ years of business requirement writing experience
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Technical Understanding
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming and system design.
- Solid understanding of the System Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of relational data base modeling
- Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
- Knowledge of best practices and risk based testing techniques.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Serve as the liaison between the business units, development teams, and testing teams.
- Client Management
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent degree
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a Project Manager and Business Analyst
• Master's degree a plus
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from providers, patients or family members.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
IT Recruiting Manager
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage